BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Past Couple Weeks

I've been bad about writing down stuff my kids have said this week. Mostly because it's been a stressful couple weeks on account of I've been sick and just focused on getting through the day. I have written down a few funny things. Nathan brought me lunch one day last week and my girls went crazy. They had too much fun with him there. Some of the comments made by my awe struck campers include things like "MISS KALEIGH! GABBY SAID SHE'S GONNA GROW UP AND MARRY YOUR BOYFRIEND!" "You're gonna marry him, right?" "He looks like Justin Bieber!!!" "Whoa. Miss Kaleigh your boyfriend is hott!" They were cracking me up. They were beside themselves with excitement. They like to tell me "Hey, Miss Kaleigh. That's your boyfriend" over and over again as if I may have forgotten since the last time they told me 5 minutes before. So funny. SO cute.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
One of the campers, Regan Spivey, and I make videos every day of us talking about whatever topic she chooses. We talk about very deep and important things like why people lose their minds sometimes and why boys tell you they are going to get you some punch at a "school party" but they never actually get you any. Deep. She's precious and is like my little shadow during the day. She is so little and likes to hold onto my leg while we walk. I swear I could take her home and keep her forever. Nathan came to camp again a couple days ago, mainly because Heather was getting engaged :))) but he stayed for Rally as well. I introduced him to Regan and she had too much fun with it. I loved this conversation.
Regan - "Nathan. Do you want to know what I do to her (me) every day?"
Nathan - "Sure"
Regan - *squishes my face together* I do this and give her a baby face. I mean it's just so cute."
Nathan - "She's the cutest!"
Regan - "I know I just have to do the baby face because look at her! So cute."
Later that day Regan asked me this: "Is your boyfriend 19 or 15?"
Me - "19 or 15?"
Regan - "Yeah. Those would just be my guesses."
Me - "Well, he's 22."
Regan - "22? Oh. Oh well! I tried!"
She's just too precious and too much fun. Love that kid and Im going to miss her when the summer is over. Im going to miss all of those kids!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
My kids have been passing something around the team for a couple weeks now. I dont know what it is, but it makes them throw up. Gross. I had to call lots of parents and send lots home because they were sick and throwing up or sick and feeling like they were going to throw up. Two of the other counselors on the pink team, bless their hearts, had to clean up the bathroom after one of the girls missed the toilet. I cleaned up some off the floor in the team room. After camp was over and I was in the team room cleaning up a bit before I went home, it smelled weird in the room. Really werid. I figured that it was because I had cleaned up barf recently, but it was strong and could not have possibly been coming from the spot I had cleaned up earlier. So I looked around the floor and couldnt find anything. I was about to leave when I saw it. I found the source of the smell. Under a stool of all places. Someone had thrown up under the stool. How they managed that I dont really know, but there it was. So I cleaned it up and Lysoled everything in the room.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I can't believe there are only 4 weeks of camp left. I've had such an amazing time and I love my girls so much! I'm going to miss them so much when it's all over it's not even funny. Can't wait to see them next sumer :) My plan, Lord willing, is to work there again next summer. It's been way too rewarding and way too fun. Loved every minute. Even the minutes I was cleaning up my kids barf or getting on to them. The moment when two of my girls got saved or the moment where they get so excited to see me or, when they tell me they're going to miss me over the weekend, the moments when they tell me they love me are the moments that make all the other stuff worth it.
That kid is too precious and Im going to miss her when the summer is over. Im going to miss all of them. So so so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment