BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 5, 2011

My Girls

Camp has been nothing short of a lot of fun and a lot of craziness. My patience has been tried and so has my imagination. I just wish I knew where these kids came up with some of this stuff! Even though Im sure it was, I don't remember my imagination ever being that good. Here's a few of my favorite conversations from the past week.
Julia, 5 - "Miss counselor?"
Me- "Yes ma'am?"
J - "How old are you? Are you a teenager?"
Me- "Yes I am! I'm 18."
J - " Whooooooooa. You're 18!?" (Some of the other girls chime in with disbelief over how old I am)
Me - "Is that old??"
J - "Yeah. You MUST be married!"
Me - "I'm not married yet"
J - "You're not!? (She just couldn't believe it! How could I be so old and not be married yet?) I'm going to marry Timmy.
Me - "Oh? Who's Timmy?"
J - "He's an older boy. He's in the second grade."
Me - "When are you and Timmy getting married? When you're 16?"
J - "Nooooo silly that's when you get your driving lisence."
Me - "Of course! You're so right Julia. That was silly of me."
J - (giggles) "Im going to marry him when I'm....(thinking very hard)....17. Maybe even a little older than THAT!
Britnee, 5 - (asking me to help her button her skirt) "Oh shoot! I need to lose some weight!"
Me - Britnee. You're 5 years old and you're tiny. You don't need to lose anything. You'll disappear!"
B - " (patting her tummy) "Nuh Uh! Look at it. It's thick as a drum."
Me - "You're silly, you know that?"
B - "I had to get new clothes! I weigh 20 pounds now. (Trust me she weighs more than that!) My cousin use to weigh 20 pounds, but now she weighs 30 so she gave me some of her old clothes."
Me - "How old is your cousin?"
B - "She's 9."
Me - "She only weighs 30 pounds?!"
B - "Yeah. How much do you weigh?"
Me - "Hmm, I'm going to go with 60 pounds."
B - "Woah." ( I wonder what her reaction would have been if I told her how much I really weigh!)
Sadie, 5 - "I'm not coming to camp next week."
Me - "Why not?"
S - "I'm not coming to camp next week because I'm going to Alaska."
Me - "Oh wow! Why are you going to Alaska?"
S - "I'm going to Alaska because my mommy and daddy want to celebrate Christmas."
Me - "Is it Christmas in Alaska right now?"
S - "Yeah. It's Christmas in Alaska all the time."
Me - "Like everyday?"
S - "Yeah. It's Christmas in Alaska everyday. And we're going to let our snow dogs out to play and they're gonna be so so happy because we never let them out, but we are next week because it's Christmas.
Me - "Oooooh I see."
Sometimes it's hard to know how to respond to some of the crazy things they say, but if you just go along with it, you're sure to leave camp with some wonderful stories. I've had more fun the past week just sitting and listening to my girls talk about whatever. I've also loved loving my girls. Being able to talk to them and listen to them and help them have fun and becoming someone they look up to. I love knowing that through my time with them this summer, I'll have the opportunity to impact their little minds and hearts. I'm so excited. Several of them have taken to me and are my little shadows during the day. Those little girls already have a special place in my heart and I love them all. This weekend was much needed. I was tired and behind on sleep and my back was sore from all the picking up and putting down and being hung on and climbed on. I needed rest, but I'm happy the weekend is about over. I'm ready and excited for another week at camp! Prayers are welcome and appreciated :) I'll need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment