BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Band Aids

There seems to be something about band aids that 5 and 6 year olds love. Maybe I shouldn't have princess band aids. Maybe I should have the boring ones...then they wouldn't look so appealing! It doesn't matter whether there is a river of blood coming out of their knee or if they stubbed their toe. Apparently band aids heal all. Now, I don't want to send a child home and have them tell their parents I didn't give them a band aid when I needed one, but what is one to do in a situation like this....
Madison - "I need a band aid?"
Me - "What for?"
Madison - ***silence***
Me - "Did you hurt yourself?"
Madison - "um...yeah."
Me - "Is it bleeding?"
Madison - "um...no."
Me - "Where is it? Can I see it?"
Madison - "Well...I forgot where it was, but I can find it."
Me - "If you don't even remember where you got hurt then you don't need a band aid."
Madison - "It's on my toe."
Me - "Ok. Which one? Show me."
Madison - "I forgot which one."
To that I told her that she was ok and that she didn't need a band aid. I had to then further explain why the little girl with blood running down her leg needed a band aid and she didn't. I don't know if its the fact that the band aids are pretty or if they just want the extra attention, but there's just something about those band aids!
Random funny side story. Green teamers are too cute. 2nd and 3rd grade boys are too too funny! You never really know what they're going to say. I was waiting on them to get into the lunch room so I could get out. I didn't want to just stand there awkwardly as they passed by, so I was talking and giving high fives. Most of them were high fiving back and talking to me..except for one. He saw me and looked absolutely terrified! He stopped, looked at me (seemingly still quite frightened) said "YOURE DUMB" and ran off. It made me laugh. His counselor then passed me and told me not to take it too personally. It was just because I'm a girl. Boys!
I just love these kids. So much. They definitely make my days exciting and entertaining.
Now, here's a funny video of Jakaiyla dancing with a moustache!

No comments:

Post a Comment