BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Justin Bieber, Boyfriends, and Freckles

Every single one of my girls LOVES Justin Bieber. Loves. They sing Baby so much that by the time I leave at 4:15, that song is hopelessly stuck in my head. I've had many silly conversations about Justin Bieber over the past two weeks, but these are two of my favorites.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
A bunch of the girls were standing around me asking me how old I was. I told them I was 18 and one of the girls jumps up and yells "DO YOU KNOW JUSTIN BIEBER!?!" haha Apparently since I'm 18, JBiebs and I are besties. They were quite disappointed when I told them that I did not know him.
Here's another funny one.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Amelia, 6 - " Miss Kaleigh guess what!?"
Me - "What?!"
A - "I'm going to Justin Biebers house!!"
Me - "WHAT?! You are? Why?"
A - "Well I writed a lot of songs and my daddy is taking to his house and he's going to drop me off and I'm going to show Justin all the songs I writed."
Me - "Wow! I'm jealous."
A - "YOU WANNA COME?!" (assuming I would say no)
Me - "Yeah!!!" (Knowing she wasn't expecting that answer)
A - ******silence*******
Me - "That would be so cool!"
A - ".................um..................really?"
Me - "Yep!!"
A - "............you're just joking, right?"
Me - "Not at all! I'd love to come. You just let me know when, ok?!"
A - "um.......***silence***.........***walks off***
That made me laugh so much! She thought I would say no to her offer and then I would just think this whole Justin thing actually happened. Boy, did I ruin her fun!! Oops. :)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Now, these girls also love to ask me about my boyfriend. They've seen pictures of Nathan on my phone, so they know what he looks like! Every time they see me talking to a guy, they always ask if that's my boyfriend. So many funny conversations about this one!
A friend of mine who works on the grounds crew, was doing something by the playground. I had taken the girls who didn't want to play on the water slides to play on the playground. They were playing and I was talking to him. He left and I was suddenly swarmed with curious little girls! They all just kind of stoof there at first. They all had funny looks on their faces. I finally just had to ask what was on their minds. This is how this conversation went.
Me - "Girls, what's wrong?"
Girl - " Um....Miss Kaleigh? Who was that?"
Me - "That was my friend, Tyler."
Girl - "Is he your boyfriend?"
Me - "Nope."
Girl - "Why?"
Me - "Because I already have a boyfriend. I showed you his picture, remember?"
Girl - "But...that boy wasnt?"
Me - "No ma'am."
Girl - "But......why not?"
Me - "Because girls, we're just friends!"
Girl - "But do you at least have a crush on him?"
Me - "Nooooo." (I'm really kind of confused by this point)
Girl - " Well. Does he have a crush on you?"
Me - "No, he doesn't have a crush on me either."
Girl - "Why though?"
Me - "Because we're just friends and I have a boyfriend.
Girl - "and it's not him?"
Me - "Noooo. It's not him."
Girl - "But......but he's so handsome."
Needless to say, most of my girls have a crush on him and giggle uncontrollably whenever I ask them about him. And heaven help me if they ever see him. Mass chaos amongst the 5 year old girls.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Carson, 6 - "Miss Kaleigh are you married?"
Me - "No ma'am."
C - "Why not?"
Me - "Because I'm not."
C - "Well next time will you be engaged?"
Me - "Probably not."
C - "What about the next time after that will you be?"
Me - "Nope! It's gonna be a while!"
C - "Miss Kaleigh. I really wish you were engaged."
Now, she couldnt give me an answer as to why she wants so badly for me to be engaged, but they ask me at least once a day if I'm engaged yet.
One little girl during lunch comes over and says "Is your boyfriend still madly in love with you?" I laughed becuase I wasn't sure where this question came from so I just said yes. She replied with "eww." hahahahaha oh goodness. The same little girl asked me another time "Miss Kaleigh does your boyfriend break up with you, yet?" I was like nope! Still madly in love with me like he was 5 minutes ago when you asked me. :) Priceless.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
These kids ask me the most random questions ever! One of my favorite from this past week is "Why don't brown people have freckels?" This question was coming from a little black girl. I wasn't exaclty sure what to say and so I told her that it was because freckles were already brown, but that some brown people do have freckles. I told her that since Anna's skin was so fair, her freckles showed up very easily. Luckily, she was satisfied with my off the top of my head answer. Sometimes I just don't know what to say to these kids! Keeps my imagination and my comeback skills sharp though that's for sure! :)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Thankful for the weekend and rest, but missing and thinking about my girls! Still thankful for the chance to lead them. Praying I do it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment